Thursday, June 14, 2012

Linky Party - Summer Reading

Apparently there is a bunch of linky parties going on out there and while I'm still new to the blogging community, I saw one that I really wanted to participate in.
                                      
I ended up finishing one just as summer was ending, so I'll start there.

Caught (Missing)Torn (Missing)
This book is from the Missing Children Series by Margaret Peterson Haddix (Found, Sent, Sabotaged). It is amazing and I don't care if it's YA (almost everything I read is... sorry), I adore it! I actually read the first book with my 5th graders during my first year of teaching and it hooked ALL of them! It turned into a race to see who could get the second one first from the library. Every book has just gotten better and who doesn't love a series? The fifth book, Caught, comes out in September and I've already pre-ordered it on my Nook.

One of my friends, who just happens to adore Disney, got me into the next book that I finished a few days ago.
Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark         Kingdom Keepers II: Disney at Dawn (The Kingdom Keepers)

I love Disney (who doesn't?) and I live in Florida, therefore I totally love this book. The Kingdom Keepers series is about five kids who get to "cross-over" into the Magic Kingdom during the night to fight the "Overtakers." The "Overtakers" are the villians in Disney. It was so exciting to think about those attractions and characters coming to life. There are five books in the series and I plan on reading the next book during the summer as well.

Lastly, here are the next two books that are just waiting on my Nook to be read. Hopefully next week when I have to fly to Seattle and go on a crusie to Alaska (I know, I can't WAIT!!!) I'll have some time to read.

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls)
The Future of UsForever is the last book in Mercy Falls Wolves Series and I loved the first two. Think Twilight with different shifting rules and no vampires. Definitely check it out!

The Future of Us is one I'm super excited about. I saw Jay Asher at the IRA (International Reading Association) convention this year and have read 13 Reasons Why (Loved it, definitely dark).

That should give me enough to do along with everything else, right?


No comments: