Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sharing Sunday

Hey all,

Hope everyone is staying safe from TS Issac... I've been busy uploading files to TPT and TN since there's no school for me tomorrow.

Also, I wanted to share some of the things I have been doing in my classroom. Check it out:

The "Facebook Wall" is in full effect. I took a class picture and made an 8x10 for the profile pic. It worked perfect!

We have been changing our "status" about once a week. Right now, it's about addition. I've used it as an exit ticket. Each child had to write and solve a math fact. Hello, differentiated instruction!

Each child has writen their favorite books and added it to the "What are We Reading" Wall

We are Bubbly About Math Facts!
An idea I found on Pinterest. Each child decorated a gum ball machine and when they pass a math facts quiz, they get a "gum sticker," which is just a circle color-coding label with the number on it. I will be doing this for a long time, so easy to track and maintain.

The wall is great, very easy to change and no staples to remove. We did trees for the branches of goverment last week.

I hate throwing away crayons, so the kids have been trained that if we find crayons on the floor, they get sorted so we can still use them in the future. Love it!
Alright, that's all for right now. More to come soon...

Hint, Hint, SRA!

No comments: